In this week’s tutorial, we’re going to make your PowerPoint charts stand out and look beautiful.
WHAT IS IT?
This PowerPoint slide is for all those important matters. We’re going to play around with different design techniques in PowerPoint (e.g. transparency, contrast, positioning, etc.) in order to get a chart that will stand out from the crowd.
In specific, we’re going to be using a high resolution image as a background, and a dark, but transparent section on the left side of our slide which will hold all of our content.
The end result looks amazing, and screams “look at me” to the audience. It really does make the chart stand out.
IS IT EASY TO MAKE?
WHEN SHOULD I CONSIDER MAKING THIS SLIDE FOR MY POWERPOINT DECK/PRESENTATION?
As I mentioned in the video, I did something similar to this when a client asked me to really make his numbers “pop” on the PowerPoint slide. This showed me that he really wanted all the attention to be focused on the numbers.
With that said, I suggest you do the same thing as well.
That is, if you have a PowerPoint slide with important metrics, numbers, or KPIs, then I think this technique would be good for you to use.
WHAT WILL THIS POWERPOINT TUTORIAL COVER?
This PowerPoint tutorial will teach us how to:
- Find a beautiful high resolution image for free.
- Turn a high resolution image into the background of the PowerPoint Slide.
- Create a dark, but transparent, sub-section on the slide that will be used for content.
- Ensure that our content will be perfectly aligned by applying one weird technique that I highlight in the video.
- Create, and format, a bar chart on PowerPoint.
- Take advantage of white space within our PowerPoint slide so that it is clear and concise through key positioning.