In this week’s tutorial, we’re going to make a fun and awesome-looking ‘Why We Are Unique’ slide on PowerPoint using sheep. These kind of PowerPoint slides capture the attention of others in a heartbeat. In essence, we’re going to let the sheep infographic set the foundation of the slide, and allow the supplementing information build on that foundation.
Side note: look guys, I know what you’re seeing is not a cow. But hey, you can literally make a sheep using nothing but shapes on PowerPoint! AND, you can do it easily. How cool is that?!
But … these PowerPoint slides are not very … business-y
These kind of slides are fun and all, but they’re also pretty powerful. When we set a large space of our slide dedicated to an infographic, we are making a big statement. What is that statement you ask? Three words.
“Look at me.”
The infographic has to be powerful enough to capture the attention of our audience. If we have something like a couple of shapes on there, members of our audience would go “Oh, look, ANOTHER business-like model.” But when you go out of your way to make something like this? I almost promise you that you’ll stand our from the crowd in a heartbeat.
But don’t lose focus on this slide’s main objective. We are trying to to ensure that the slide captures the attention of our audience almost immediately, all while associating the graphic to the text.
What are we going to learn today?
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Learn how to draw an infographic using nothing but Powerpoint Shapes and functions
- Use white space effectively on PowerPoint
- Effectively use the “move forward” and “move backward”
functions of PowerPoint
- Learn how to crop shapes in PowerPoint to get the exact shape that you want.
- Correlate visuals to data to text on PowerPoint
And much more!
Could you tell us the phases and their times so we can follow along easier?
Of course I can
- Phase One: Let’s Add the Information – 1:11
- Phase Two: Let’s Make the Sheep – 1:50
- Phase Three: Let’s Make More Sheep – 5:16
- Phase Four: Let’s Make a Flock of Sheep – 6:14
- Phase Five: Let’s Make Our Sheep – 7:35
- Phase Six: Let’s Make the Ground and Labels – 8:07
- Phase Seven: Let’s Make the Speech Bubbles and Add Our Icons – 11:49